Guided Tours at Art Omi
The vast majority of our visitors experience Art Omi through a self-guided tour. Art Omi provides information and resources which enable visitors to have an edifying experience of the park without the aid of a tour guide. Art Omi Sculpture & Architecture Park is open daily from dawn until dusk, and events and the grounds are open to visitors free of charge. Please refrain from touching or climbing sculpture or pavilions; such behavior can harm the artwork, and the person climbing it.
- The Park Map indicates the location, title, and artist of all current exhibitions. These are available at the Benenson Center 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
- The Explore Map highlights sculptures and installations that permit interactivity. The Explore Map is particularly useful for people visiting the park with children, and is available at the Benenson Center.
- Informational signage provides information about each exhibition in the park.
- Art Omi’s knowledgeable visitors services associates will provide park information and recommendations based on your particular interests and time available to explore.
- In order to visit all current exhibitions at a leisurely pace, we recommend allocating two hours.
- Audio Tours of the park are available through the app GeoTourist. Due to spotty cell reception in the park, we recommend installing the app and downloading the tour before you come to Art Omi, or when you arrive at the Benenson Center (where a guest wi-fi network is available and accessible near the building and on the outdoor patio). These audio tours can also be listened to without visiting the park. Click here to download the Audio Tour. Click here to download the Explore Audio Tour for families and children ages 6 - 12.
While self-guided and audio tours are how the majority of visitors experience Art Omi Sculpture & Architecture Park, those seeking a deeper understanding may inquire about booking a docent led tour. Art Omi offers guided tours for adults, school and educational groups, non-profit groups, and business or tourism groups, and is able to customize a tour to suit your particular interests. Guided tours can be scheduled any time of year, and on both weekends and weekdays.
Please note that requests for guided tours must be received at least two weeks in advance of desired tour date. Art Omi does not guarantee that tours can be arranged at any given time, and so we recommend providing as much advance notice as possible so that we can best accommodate your group.
Guided Tours for Adult Groups
Gain deeper insight into The Sculpture & Architecture Park with a knowledgeable docent or curator. Tours will be customized to highlight your group’s particular areas of interest. Tours aim to engage participants in active viewing experiences, while providing insights about the artists and their processes.
Docent-led tours are available for $15 per participant; a curator-led tour is available for $20 per person. Tours may have 2 - 18 participants; tours for larger groups may be arranged, but require additional staff.
Guided Tours for Schools & Educational Groups
School and educational visits are available year-round and are designed to serve people of all ages, grade levels, and abilities. Art Omi: Education staff will work directly with educational groups to customize a tour focused on topics and themes relevant to the group. Our knowledgeable staff will craft a program that incorporates grade-level standards, while providing a tailored experience that is appropriate and fulfilling for the students. Below fees do not include the cost of transportation. Need a grant? Art Omi can act as a community partner or collaborating organization in order to help secure funding for your visit.
Self-Guided School or Educational Group Tour
- No maximum group size.
- Can be any length.
- Groups gather and receive an orientation and maps at the Benenson Center, and then explore the park on their own. Please see Self-Guided Tours above for more information about resources to inform your tour.
Interactive Tours for Small Groups
- Up to 10 participants (including adults)
- 1.5 hours (approximately)
- For grades K - 12
Specially designed for homeschool groups and learning pods, Interactive Tours offer an inquisitive adventure into the Sculpture & Architecture Park. The tour focuses on new works as well as pieces that permit touching and climbing. Work directly with our educators to custom design an experience that best engages your age group and/or highlights a specific theme of your choice (e.g. Elements of Art, Mathematics, Nature, Architecture, Storytelling, Poetry, Public Art, Sustainability, Art & Social Awareness, etc!).
Interactive Tour with Explore Box and Guided Project
- Up to 10 participants (including adults)
- 2.5 hours (approximately)
- For grades K - 12
- Includes Interactive Tour, Explore Box, and an art project led by an Art Omi educator
Introduction to Art Omi Tour
Whether you're a first-time or frequent visitor to Art Omi, you are welcome to join an Introduction to Art Omi tour. Held on the third Saturday of every month, these tours provide insights and information about the artworks and architectural pavilions in the Sculpture & Architecture Park, as well as information about Art Omi's various programs. The tours are free, but pre-registration is required.
Art Omi is able to connect you to the Sculpture & Architecture Park from the comfort of your home. These virtual tours explore works currently on view and provide insight to the artists and architects who created them.
- Video Tour: Art Omi Sculpture & Architecture Park: Sit back and take a virtual tour of Art Omi's 120-acre Sculpture & Architecture Park. Gain curatorial context and insight into the exhibitions and artists behind them from the comfort of your home! Closed captions are available in English.
- Curatorial Conversations: A new series of live virtual tours led by Curatorial Assistant Kelsey Sloane. Each session spotlights a handful of works and explore the connections between them. Following a presentation, the group will be welcome to engage in conversation and ask questions about the works under review. These sessions are free, but pre-registration is required.
Questions? Send tour-related inquiries to Kelsey Sloane, Curatorial Assistant, at email@example.com, or call (518) 392-4747.