Art Omi Statement on COVID-19
While public programming is suspended at Art Omi, visitors are welcome to walk the grounds of the Sculpture & Architecture Park daily from dawn until dusk. We are grateful to be able to offer this opportunity for respite and reflection, and we love seeing your smiling faces on Instagram, or waving from 10' or more away!
When you visit the park, check out the front door of the Benenson Center for informational tools, including map downloads and other information.
Art Omi continues to permit access to the grounds for the purpose of solitary recreation. We urge all visitors to socially distance themselves during their visit, and to observe the following guidelines:
- If you or a member of your household are feeling unwell, please stay home.
- Always maintain a safe distance of 6' or more from others, even while outdoors.
- Avoid touching surfaces and objects, including park signage and exhibitions.
- Don’t share equipment such as balls, frisbees, or bicycles with those not in your household.
- All groups must be limited to members of your household, otherwise individuals must maintain a 6' distance.
- If you have arrived at a time when the park or lot seems full, seek out another location for solitary recreation.
Art Omi Response to COVID-19 Pandemic (3/12/2020):
Like many of us, Art Omi has watched the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic with deep concern. We are writing to announce that as of Thursday, March 12 at 5:00 pm, Art Omi will suspend all public events and classes until further notice. The Benenson Center will be closed as of March 13 until further notice.
Visitors will be welcome in the Sculpture & Architecture Park. We encourage all visitors to observe a safe distance from others when visiting the park, and to adhere to other practices that prevent the spread of the contagion.
We would like to note that we have arrived at this decision not due to any specific incidence of infection within Art Omi’s known community. We are acting out of consideration of the health of staff and visitors, and providing a safe place to work and visit. Beyond that, Art Omi understands the ripple impact that maintaining business as usual could have, and comes to the decision that it is the organization’s utmost responsibility to do everything within our organization’s ability to help stem the spread of the virus.
As of now, there is no specific date for the resumption of regular activities, but we are evaluating various factors on an ongoing basis. Notification of reopening and other updates will be posted to Art Omi’s website, and our social media channels.
Please note the following changes to public events and operations:
- The Benenson Center and Cafe Omi are closed until further notice.
- The Sculpture & Architecture Park is open to visitation.
- Kianja Strobert: When is brunch? exhibition reception (3/21) is postponed.
- Saturday Kids Workshops are suspended until further notice.
- A decision about Spring Arts Camp will be determined no later than April 1. In the event of cancellation, families will receive a full refund of registration fees.
We hope that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy during these difficult times.