Virtual Drawing Group
5 – 6 PM
The Virtual Drawing Group invites Art Omi's extended community to draw along at home! Virtual Drawing Group participants share their work and connect with the group via a weekly Zoom session on Thursday at 5 pm EST. All styles and media welcome. Pre-registration is required.
You can also engage with by completing the weekly prompts and tagging your work on Instagram or Facebook! Use #artomi and #educationomi to share your work.
- November 12 / Abstraction: Create an abstract drawing based on the human figure.
- November 19 / Free share: share your recent figure drawing works.
- December 3 / Inspired pose: Make a figure drawing based on a famous work of figurative art.
- December 17 / Costume: Create a figure drawing with distinctive clothing, dress or costume.
- December 31 / Chiaroscuro: make a figure drawing with boldly contrasting lights and darks.
Past session image galleries:
- April 23: Figure and Nature Combined
- April 30: Figures from Quarantine
- May 7: News Figures
- May 14: Mixed Media
- May 21: Unconventional Tools
- May 28: Focus on Portraits
- June 4: Blind or Semi-Blind Contour
- June 11: Figures from Memory
- June 18: Open Share
- July 2: Three Tone Series
- July 23: Movement
- August 13: Emotive Figures
- August 27: Using Text
- September 10: Monochromatic Color Scheme
- Sept 24: Abstraction
Saturday Children's Workshops are full through August 28. New dates and sign-ups will be announced in August. Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions.
Join us for one or more weeks of Columbia County's most popular arts camp for preschoolers! This program is limited to eight children and two adult teachers. Artgarten occurs under a large, open-air tent with excursions throughout the Sculpture & Architecture park. Daily activities include two art projects using a variety of media, nature exploration in the sculpture and architecture park, open play, story time, and swimming as well as snack and lunch times, and morning/afternoon circle meetings. With contemporary art and architecture and the expansive natural landscape as a backdrop, sky's the limit for what we can dream up and create together!
Join us for one or more weeks of Columbia County's most popular arts camp! This program engages kids ages 6-12 in a variety of creative adventures that include drawing, painting, sculpture, performance, music, nature art, and more. Through self and guided exploration, hands-on learning and making experiences, collaboration, and critical thinking, children gain new skills and confidence in the power of their own ideas. With contemporary art and architecture and the expansive natural landscape as a backdrop, sky's the limit for what we can dream up and create together!