Saturday Children's Workshops
10 AM – 12 PM
$18 or $30 for two siblings
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. Kids will discover and interact with new and familiar sculptures in the park then have an opportunity to create artwork based on a weekly theme. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions. As always, Art Omi: Education will deliver engaging, developmentally-appropriate projects that encourage curiosity, experimentation, and creative thinking through a variety of materials and experiences.
Important safety protocols will include:
- Art Omi: Education staff and children will practice social distancing as much as possible during the workshop.
- Art Omi: Education staff will be required to wear masks at all times.
- Participants will be expected to wash hands and/or sanitize hands upon arrival and at least once during the workshop.
- There will be no sharing of art materials. Children will be provided with individualized materials (mostly simple drawing tools) that will be sanitized before and after use.
- The workshops will occur mostly outdoors. Children should dress appropriately. All sessions will be held rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, class will be canceled and parents will be notified.
- Drop-off: An Art Omi: Education staff member will meet parents in their vehicle in the circular driveway at the entrance to the Benenson Center. Children will be checked in and guided inside where they will wait with a teacher until the group has arrived. Parents/Guardians will not enter the Benenson Center.
- Pick-up: Parents/Guardians will park at the Benenson Center lot and wait outside of the entrance. An Education staff member will walk each child to their parent/guardian.
- September 11
- SOLD OUT September 18
- SOLD OUT September 25
- SOLD OUT October 2
- SOLD OUT October 9
- October 16
- SOLD OUT October 23
- October 30
- November 6
- SOLD OUT November 13
- November 20
- November 27
- December 4
- December 11
- December 18
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions.