Light Into Night 2020
The Sculpture & Architecture Park will be closed to visitors at 1 pm on Saturday, September 12 until dawn on Sunday, September 13.
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
The show goes on! We have fully reimagined this year's Light Into Night for these times, and are thrilled to share a new format which allows guests to experience all that Art Omi has to offer.
Small groups will be stationed at private picnic zones, anchored by artworks in the Sculpture & Architecture Park, where they enjoy a picnic of fine food and drink from local vendors while socializing in the open air. Picnics are available for groups of 4-8 people, or just buy a ticket for you, a family member, or a friend, and we’ll find the perfect picnic spot to socially distance while still being part of the fun! With 120-acres to work with, we’ve got a spot for everyone!
In keeping with the spirit of Light Into Night, the afternoon will include surprising performances, and a special treat to send you on your way home.
If you're interested in attending, please contact Claire Pohl at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (518) 392-4747.
The Virtual Drawing Group invites Art Omi's extended community to draw along at home! Virtual Drawing Group participants share their work and connect with the group via a weekly Zoom session on Thursday at 5 pm EST. All styles and media welcome. Pre-registration is required.
You can also engage with by completing the weekly prompts and tagging your work on Instagram or Facebook! Use #artomi and #educationomi to share your work.
- November 12 / Abstraction: Create an abstract drawing based on the human figure.
- November 19 / Free share: share your recent figure drawing works.
- December 3 / Inspired pose: Make a figure drawing based on a famous work of figurative art.
- December 17 / Costume: Create a figure drawing with distinctive clothing, dress or costume.
- December 31 / Chiaroscuro: make a figure drawing with boldly contrasting lights and darks.
Past session image galleries:
- April 23: Figure and Nature Combined
- April 30: Figures from Quarantine
- May 7: News Figures
- May 14: Mixed Media
- May 21: Unconventional Tools
- May 28: Focus on Portraits
- June 4: Blind or Semi-Blind Contour
- June 11: Figures from Memory
- June 18: Open Share
- July 2: Three Tone Series
- July 23: Movement
- August 13: Emotive Figures
- August 27: Using Text
- September 10: Monochromatic Color Scheme
- Sept 24: Abstraction
Join us on Saturday mornings for safe exploration of the Sculpture & Architecture Park and art-making for kids ages 5-12. Weekly workshops host a maximum of twelve children, with a minimum of two teachers. This program will be held almost entirely outdoors with art-making occurring under the open-air Education Pavilions.
Open Figure Drawing for Adults gathers Monday and Wednesday evenings to sketch, draw, and render from a live model. Open to artists of all skill levels ages 16+, each two-hour sessions is self-guided and intended to provide time and space for members of our local community to share in the exploration of this traditional art practice. Please note that pre-registration is required.