Congratulations to 2023 Guggenheim Fellows!
This April, the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation announced the 2023 Guggenheim fellows, awarding 171 scientists, writers, scholars, and artists fellowships to “further the development of scholars and artists by assisting them to engage in research in any field of knowledge and creation in any of the arts, under the freest possible conditions.” Featured in this year's selection are five Art Omi Alumni!
- Deanna Dikeman (Art Omi: Artists, 2011) Fellowship in Photography
- James Hannaham (Art Omi: Writers, 2014) Fellowship in Fiction
- Shara McCallum (Art Omi: Writers, 2016) Fellowship in Poetry
- Mary Mattingly (Art Omi: Artists, 2011) Fellowship in Fine Arts
- Margaret Pearce (Art Omi: Writers, 2019 & 2021) Fellowship in Geography & Environmental Studies
See the complete list of fellows on the Guggenheim website.
Read the April 2023 Newsletter HERE.