Art Omi seeks local vendors for labor and products whenever possible, injecting more than $500,000 into the local economy.
Total earnings, including benefits, for 61 Art Omi employees was $823,521.
- 31 employees worked year-round (3 full time & 28 part time).
- 28 additional employees worked during Omi's season from March to October.
Art Omi spent $2.46 million employing local contractors and sourcing materials locally/regionally for four major building projects in recent years.
- A fifth capital project is planned within the next three years.
- $2 million projected for new gallery, cafe and education center
- $830,000 on a new residency dormitory
- $1.2 million on The Charles B. Benenson Visitor Center and Gallery
- $350,000 on three Education Pavilions $80,000 on a permanent artist installation by Alice Aycock
Free Local Events
Art Omi hosted more than 40 free public events.
- More than 28,000 people visited Art Omi
- More than 3,000 people attended Omi-sponsored arts events
- Events included collaborations with other local arts organizations, artists and vendors.
Education Opportunities For Local Students
Art Omi: Education offers weekly art workshops, school vacation and summer art camps for local children, teen programs, student exhibitions and school and CoArc groups.
- 675 attended art workshops
- 380 attended summer camp
- 430 attended student exhibitions and family events
- 230 school children attended school sponsored workshops
- 12 teen volunteers doing community service