Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Café / Food and Beverage Manager
Position start date: February 2020.
15-25 hours per week depending on the season. December – March is considered the slow season. April – November is the busy season. Schedule includes but is not limited to weekends.
The Café / Food & Beverage Manager organizes the daily operations of Art Omi’s Café, and coordinate all food and beverage for Art Omi events. The Cafe / Food & Beverage Manager reports to the Director of Operations, and is responsible for managing all purchasing for the Café, including ordering supplies, products, and ingredients, managing and motivating staff to provide excellent dishes and customer service. They design and maintain a simple menu, help increase profitability, boost customer engagement, and maintain a warm, professional, vibrant environment in the Café and at all of Art Omi’s events.
- experience in food preparation, ordering, and management
- experience tracking income and expenses and working with budgets
- ability to handle a large volume of patrons during our busy summer season
- proactive about working hard, maintaining a code compliant clean café, creating new systems of organization
- clear, direct, firm, and kind management experience
- a team player, collaborating and working well with various departments
- an interest in the arts is preferred
- Create a warm and inviting atmosphere at the Art Omi Café
- Design and maintain a simple menu based on seasonality and sales
- Greet customers & answer questions about the café and Art Omi programs
- Oversee Art Omi staff, including new-hires, scheduling, training, oversight: creating projects to ensure staff productivity and efficiency
- Track expenses and income on a weekly basis, run P & L reports, ensure café is turning a profit, and meeting health code standards
- Research vendors and propose new, economical, and tasty options
- Set up wholesale accounts, do all the ordering, shopping, and inventory oversight for all food and beverage needs at the café and events at Art Omi.
To apply: email letter of interest and resumé to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun! All positions for Camp Omi 2019 are occupied. Please see below about other opportunities to volunteer.
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
- Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.