Employment & Volunteer Opportunities
Art Omi is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity employment for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical ability or disability.
Park Guide and Event Assistant
Part-time, Seasonal (May 1 - Nov 1)Rate: $13 / hr
Art Omi is looking for seasonal, part-time Park Guides and Event Assistants to work weekends and some weeknight events. Applicants should have a strong interest in contemporary art and architecture, and enthusiasm about sharing that knowledge with the public. Ideal candidates will be friendly, passionate, have an arts background, and the ability to multitask and handle a large volume of visitors during our busy summer season.
- $13 / hr
- Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00am-4:00pm; plus additional weekend hours to assist
with events, and busy holidays through the season.
- This position could also lead to assisting the Curator with Sculpture & Architecture Park maintenance.
Primary duties include:
- Actively greeting, engaging and educating visitors about artwork on view in the Sculpture & Architecture Park, and Art Omi’s programs and history.
- Ensuring that visitors do not climb artworks and experience interactive artworks in a safe manner
- Opening and closing interactive exhibitions
- Regular walkthroughs of the grounds to monitor the safety of the artworks and visitors
- Giving accessibility golf cart tours
- Event support; this would be additional hours, mostly weekend evenings. Tasks include: greeting visitors, food and beverage service, parking, event set up and breakdown
- Light landscaping/maintenance around exhibitions
- Weekend availability
- Passionate about Contemporary Art and Architecture
- Enjoy being outdoors
- Outgoing and Friendly
- Candidates should have a desire to educate themselves on all things Art Omi and enthusiastically share that knowledge with visitors of all ages.
- Customer service experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Part-TimeRate: $13/hour + tips
Cafe Omi is located in the Benenson Center at Art Omi Sculpture and Architecture Park. It plays an important role in the experience of visitors and staff at Art Omi. With a focus on quality offerings sourced from the Hudson Valley area, we are proud to offer a daily drinks and snacks menu, as well as a quality lunch menu on the weekends.
We are searching for a responsible part-time café assistant who will be driven to provide excellent customer service. Cafe Assistant hours are 9am - 4:00pm, Saturday and Sunday. This position will last from April through October. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with the ability to multitask and troubleshoot, while handling a large volume of customers during our busy summer season. Applicants are required to be 18 years or older, as serving alcohol may be required, and have a valid driver’s license, as picking up food orders may be required. Food industry experience and an interest in the arts is preferred but not required.
Café assistants are also occasionally asked to assist with Art Omi events, particularly in the summer and fall.
- Open and close cafe
- Greet patrons and answer questions about the park and cafe
- Prepare orders, including sandwiches and salads
- Clean Cafe seating area throughout the shift
- Ensure Cafe Products are stocked and presentable
- Clean Cafe shelves, cabinets, and machines
- Close and clean cafe at end of day
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art Omi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun!
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
- Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
Winter and Spring Art Camps
- Winter Art Camp Feb. 18-21
- Spring Art Camp Apr. 14-17
To become a Volunteer for Saturday Workshops, Winter Art Camp or Spring Art Camp, please email Sasha Sicurella at email@example.com.
A select number of positions are available for teens who demonstrate a strong understanding of the arts, ability to work in a dynamic environment, and have a passion for working with children ages 4-13. Volunteers must commit to a full three-week term, listed below.
- Volunteer Session 1: June 29 - July 17, 2020 (four positions)
- Volunteer Session 2: July 20 - August 7, 2020 (four positions)
- Ages 14+ (must turn 15 in 2020)
- Camp Omi alumni preferred
To become a Volunteer for Camp Omi, please email the following information to Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name, birth date, and grade.
- Any previous experience you have had working with children
- A letter of interest describing why you would like to become a volunteer at Camp Omi and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- If you are a Camp Omi alum, list the year(s) you attended and briefly describe a favorite camp memory.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at email@example.com to arrange an interview.