Employment + Volunteer Opportunities
Full TimeRate: $45,000 - $50,000
Art Omi seeks a dedicated self-starter to serve as Development Director, and lead fundraising and sponsorship efforts. The Development Director will create, execute and evaluate all philanthropy strategies with a donor-centered philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support Art Omi’s mission.
The Director of Development will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Art Omi’s fundraising including: the major gifts program; year end appeal/annual fund; planned giving; special events; and capital campaigns. The Development Director will work closely with Art Omi’s Executive Director and the Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors. This position is based in Ghent, NY.
- Must embrace the mission of Art Omi, with an interest in and knowledge of the arts
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Be familiar with, and have an understanding of cultural institutions, arts funding and nonprofits in New York City, Hudson Valley, Columbia County, the Berkshires and Albany area.
- Minimum BA degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising / non-profit arts development.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the year end appeal / annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct the membership program, including mailings and annual renewal drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events and collaborate with development staff (upstate Light into Night (September) and in annual NYC Benefit (June)).
- Conduct prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Committee
- Oversee fundraising database (Gift Works) and tracking systems. Supervise and collaborate with other staff involved in fundraising.
- Oversee creation of compelling development publications to support fundraising activities by collaborating with the Communications Director.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Develop forecasts and budgets for annual fundraising programs and efforts.
- Attend arts events (many weekends in summer)
- Perform other related duties as requested.
We firmly support the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state or local law.
Visitor Services Manager
The Visitor Services Manager position plays an important role in creating a sense of welcome and hospitality at Art Omi’s Benenson Center, Newmark Gallery, and Sculpture & Architecture Park. As the direct form of communication between the public and Art Omi, you will be building community through communication, maintaining current supporters and turning first-time visitors into lifelong, loyal fans of Art Omi.
Main responsibilities include actively and attentively greeting and informing visitors, responding to in-person, online and telephone visitor inquiries. You will maintain knowledge about current Art Omi exhibitions, residencies, and special events, as well as the greater art communities. Additional responsibilities:, scheduling of staff for all visitor related activities, creating and maintaining orderly and organized desk and office areas, new hire paperwork, and various other administrative duties. The Visitor Services Associate reports to the Director of Operations.
Visitor Services Responsibilities
- Engage all visitors of Art Omi; offering the highest level of personalized visitor experience with a knowledgeable, positive, supportive, and kind attitude
- Maintain knowledge about exhibitions, residencies, and special events at Art Omi, as well as in the broader arts communities especially as it relates - to artists currently on view at Art Omi
- Turn on / set up gallery and Park exhibitions and works as required
- Encourage joining our email list and membership to all first-time visitors
- Respond to in-person, online, telephone visitor inquiries and other office emails
- Work with Director of Operations to resolve visitor complaints or problems
- Create and post job descriptions; interview candidates for visitor services and park guides
- Participate in the ongoing training of visitor services staff and park guides
- Schedule event staff, schedule park tours, and occasional additional event support
- Track guest count and collect donations
- Update MailChimp lists, code Square and Amex reports, weekly cash reports
- Become proficient in all Art Omi’s systems: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Asana, etc.
- Create systems of organizing visitor center and office related storage
- Maintain cleanliness of visitor center and public restrooms
- Operate, restock, clean the café during weekdays, open and close till
- Inventory and purchase office supplies
- Maintain equipment: iPad and printers functional, restock paper in printers, etc.
- Maintain the loan equipment (bikes / golf cart), schedule and coordinate use
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun! All positions for Camp Omi 2019 are occupied. Please see below about other opportunities to volunteer.
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
- Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
- Halloween: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Ages 14+
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.