Art Omi is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity employment for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical ability or disability.
Facilities Staff Member
Full-Time, PermanentRate: $15-$18/hr
Art Omi seeks a Facilities Staff Member to assist in its daily operations and care of its buildings and grounds. The Facilities Staff Member will report to the Facilities Director and work alongside a small team and contractors with the goal of supporting safe conditions for staff, visitors, and artists in residence. A successful candidate will enjoy working with artists, and will be committed to maintaining an equitable and healthy work environment and organizational culture.
Art Omi is committed to maintaining an equitable, healthy work environment and upholds a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical ability or disability. Art Omi is committed to the practice of antiracism at all levels of our organization, and we enthusiastically encourage people of color to apply.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Art Omi has ten buildings including seasonal arts studios. The facilities team creates and maintains safe and well tended spaces for our artists in residence so that they can create work and build community. The team’s work also supports the park visitor experience and children’s art camp. We work as an organizational wide team to value the contribution of each employee and the difference they make at Art Omi.
- Support all safety related operations including building safety, fire prevention, pool safety, emergency preparedness and workplace safety.
- Work with Facilities team and contractors on repairs and general maintenance including painting, carpentry, HVAC, electrical, water, doors and windows, septic systems, garbage removal, etc.
- Assist in grounds maintenance including snow removal, light landscaping, driveway and parking lot maintenance.
- Work alongside cleaning companies and other facility related vendors.
- Support construction projects and upgrades in coordination with the Facilities Director and Co-Executive Directors, as well as architects and general contractors.
- Assist in building and site improvements and repairs based on long-term planning.
- Purchase equipment and maintenance supplies, accepting and signing for deliveries made to buildings when necessary.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Ability to relate well with other team members and the guests/residents of Art Omi
- A go-getter attitude, someone who is observant, takes initiative
- At least some knowledge of building maintenance and general construction, or willingness to learn
- Some knowledge of workplace safety standards, OSHA knowledge a plus, and willingness to learn
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Be organized and able to multitask and manage time
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and perform other duties as assigned
- Flexible with occasional weekend work
- Desire and motivation to learn new skills
- Uses good judgment in the workplace, is a good listener and communicates clearly with others
Additional skills preferred (but not required):
- Basic understanding of major building systems (Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Basic carpentry and masonry skills
- Computer and tech literate
Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to Art Omi’s mission, working to support its reputation, and an ability to advocate effectively for the organization and its goals in professional and social settings.
This is a 40-hour a week position.
Art Omi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
In addition to federal law requirements, Art Omi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To Apply :
- Digital applications only, please.
- Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Subject: Application for Facilities Staff Member
- Hourly Rate: $15.00 - $18.00 starting wage, depending on experience
- Benefits include: Health insurance stipend, paid vacation and sick leave, access to 403B retirement plan.