Jobs & Internships
Café / Food and Beverage Manager
Hours/Days: 20-30 hours per week depending on season. Schedule will include but is not limited to weekends.
The Café / Food & Beverage Manager will organize the daily operations of Café Omi, and coordinate all food and beverage for Art Omi events and residencies. Reporting to the Director of Operations, they will manage and motivate staff to provide excellent dishes and customer service. They will design and maintain a simple menu, help increase profitability, boost customer engagement, and maintain a warm, professional, vibrancy in the café and in all of Art Omi’s events.
- Experience in food preparation
- Proactive about working hard, creating new systems of organization
- Outgoing and able to multitask and handle a large volume of customers during our busy summer season
- Clear, direct, firm yet kind management experience
- An interest in the arts is preferred
- Create a warm and inviting atmosphere at the Art Omi Café
- Design and maintain a simple menu based on seasonality and sales
- Greet customers & answer questions about the café and Art Omi / the sculpture park & residencies
- Oversee café staff, including new-hires, scheduling, training, oversight: creating projects (food prep, organizing spaces, ordering, etc.) to ensure staff productivity and efficiency
- Track café expenses and income on a weekly basis, run P & L reports, ensure café is turning a profit, and meeting health code standards
- Research vendors and propose new, economical, and tasty options
- Set up wholesale accounts, do all the ordering, shopping, and inventory oversight for all Residencies, events, and programs at Art Omi.
To apply: email letter of interest and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.