Jobs & Internships
Café Omi is looking for a new part-time café assistant to work Saturdays or Sundays, 10:30am – 4:00pm. Ideal candidate will be friendly, organized person who is able to multitask and handle a large volume of customers during our busy summer season. Food industry experience preferred.
Café assistants are occasionally asked to assist with Omi events, particularly in the summer and fall. This position has potential to grow in the next year.
- Open/Close Café register
- Greet customers & answer questions about food
- Operate cash register
- Work as a team with one other café staff member to serve food and beverages
- Track café inventory
- Clean café and sitting area throughout and at the end of each day
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Omi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Part-timeRate: Salary is commensurate to experience
The Bookkeeper will manage all day-to- day accounting and finance requirements for Art Omi.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly budget reports, credit card charges, confirming program codes, and petty cash.
Running reports on all above accounts, ensuring legal requirement compliance, as well as supporting the Executive Director with various finance needs. They will work closely with program directors, not only to support them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how the finance function can enhance program operations.
Join an exciting and dynamic team of hard-working and passionate art enthusiasts. Important qualifications for this position include confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, accuracy in reporting, proactive about meeting deadlines, strong communication and customer relations.
TASKS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Payroll: bi-weekly processing and transmittal, bi-weekly payroll reports
- Accounts payable: process all vendor pay, honorariums, artist fees, weekly expense reports
- Accounts receivable: process cash, checks, credit card income, weekly income reports
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Oversight of monthly financial bank statements and reports, including cash flow, and profit and loss statements
- Provide support materials for audit activity
- Maintain foreign withholding forms and tracking
- Present budget and financial reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Be comfortable communicating weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Omi’s financial status
- Assist with the financials for grant writing and grant reporting
- Maintain knowledge of organizational cash flow by working in partnership with the Director of Operations and members of the New York City based accounting team
- Min. 2 years of experience as a bookkeeper
- 1 year of non-profit work experience
- Proficient in Excel, Quickbooks, and a quick adapter to new technology systems
Self-starter who works well in a team
- A background or interest in contemporary arts preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.