Jobs & Internships
Architecture Program Associate
Part-Time, Start as soon as available [min 6-month commitment]Rate: $15/hr
The Architecture Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the unique Art Omi: Architecture program. Reporting to the Architecture Director the Program Associate will assist and coordinate the delivery of all program projects by undertaking a range of architectural and design duties and ensuring the effective and timely delivery of on-site, and occasional off-site, projects. The three primary components of the position include: construction and project management of installations and exhibitions, administrative and communications support, and special event preparation and management. Regular weekly communications and meetings with the Architecture Director, and ability to work at the Art Omi campus in Ghent, NY are required.
TASKS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Communicate with outside architects, contractors, and vendors.
- Liaise with colleagues and contractors to meet project schedules and budgets
- Assist in relaying and explaining drawings, schedules, and specs of installations to others
- Organize installation crews and materials, as well as assist with installations as needed
- Report on field conditions, photo documentation, measuring, per project and year-round
- Carry out administrative tasks relevant to the production of architectural works/exhibitions
- Create and maintain schedule of the Architecture program’s annual exhibitions, openings, exhibition planning, board meeting, special visitors, residency, etc.
- Tracking of expenses and budgets of pavilions, exhibitions, events, in Architecture program
- Keep abreast of developments in architecture, design, construction, and related aspects.
- Local event planning for public openings and special events, including annual residency: invites, guest lists, accommodations, catering, special visitors, alumni, etc.
- Internal Art Omi leadership and staff communications and coordination
- Support external relations with the Architecture community at large
- Architecture education and/or background required.
- Construction project management experience, including coordinating field work by others
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural plans, drawings, and specifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
Send both a resume and cover letter with "Architecture Program Associate" in the subject line to email@example.com.