Employment + Volunteer Opportunities
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun!
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
• Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
• September 2018 - June 2019
• Ages 13+
Winter Art Camp or Spring Art Camp and Special Events
• Winter Art Camp: Tuesday, February 19 - Friday, February 22, 2019
• Spring Art Camp: Tuesday, April 23 - Friday, April 26, 2019
• Halloween: Saturday, October 26, 2019
• Ages 14+
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at email@example.com to arrange an interview.
A select number of positions are available for teens who demonstrate a strong understanding of the arts, ability to work in a dynamic environment, and have a passion for working with children ages 4-13. Volunteers must commit to a full three-week term, listed below.
• Volunteer Session 1: June 24 - July 12, 2019 (no camp July 4)
• Volunteer Session 2: July 15 - August 2, 2019
• Ages 14+ (must turn 15 in 2019)
• Camp Omi alumni preferred
To become a Volunteer for Camp Omi, please email the following information to Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Your name, birth date, and grade.
• Any previous experience you have had working with children
• A letter of interest describing why you would like to become a volunteer at Camp Omi and what you hope to gain from the experience.
• If you are a Camp Omi alum, list the year(s) you attended and briefly describe a favorite camp memory.
Sculpture Park Guide and Events Assistant
Art Omi is looking for seasonal, part-time Park Guides and Event Assistants to work weekends. Ideal candidates will be friendly with an interest in contemporary art and able to multitask and handle a large volume of visitors during our busy summer season. Candidates with customer service experience and an arts background are encouraged to apply.
Main duties include:
- Opening/closing the Alice Aycock exhibition in the Fields Sculpture Park, monitoring ReActor and doing walk throughs of the Fields sculpture park
- Greeting, tracking, and informing visitors about the Aycock piece and the sculpture park and organization in general
- Ensuring that visitors experience the tunnels in a safe manner
- Light landscaping/maintenance around the exhibition
- Event Support (this would be additional hours, mostly on weekends after hours)
- During our busy summer season we have fun, arts-oriented events on almost every weekend! Candidates with a strong interest in the events part of this position can focus more on events than the Park Guide aspect.
- Weekend availability
- Enjoys being outside and engaging with people
- Arts background
- Customer Service experience
- Friendly disposition, team player, and works well with kids and families
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Candidates should be outgoing and excited to engage with the public. The candidate should have a proven interest in art, a willingness to educate themselves on all things Art Omi and enthusiastically share that knowledge with our visitors.
Hours: This position could also lead to assisting the curator with sculpture park maintenance. Weekends are a must. This position is seasonal, May through October.
To apply: send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.