Employment + Volunteer Opportunities
Hours: 26 hours per week average
Development Manager will assist the Director of Development in the design and implementation of all fundraising strategies to help meet Art Omi’s annual fundraising goals.
Development Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
Organizational Grants calendar: maintain up to date information on the grants calendar; communicate with Director of Development and Residency Directors about any renewal deadlines and new prospects on the horizon; work with DOD to ensure the on-time submission of grant proposals; assist the DOD with application content including organizational data and some written content; Update and track account passwords and ensure government profiles are pre-approved
Membership: manage the membership program including processing membership income; send acknowledgements/membership materials; prepare renewal letters and emails; organize components of Membership Acquisition campaign under the guidance of Director of Development; coordinate and execute membership events [eg. Curator Tours; MASS MoCA member tours]
Annual Appeal: coordinate the year-end-appeal direct mail campaign; in late October make sure all paper materials are printed and available (letterhead, outer envelopes, response card, inner envelopes; organizational postcards); DOD will write the letter; Manager conducts mail merge; coordinate handwritten notes with DOD and ED; set up extra staff for stuffing, sealing, and mailing; process income and acknowledgements; Support Communications staff with YEA promotion
Light Into Night: coordinate Art Omi's Light into Night fall benefit including—
- Assist artist/performer coordination
- Coordinate all event-related mailings
- Regularly communicate with Communications and Facilities team
- Oversee fundraiser website
- Manage in-kind donations, ad sales, ticket sales, staff and volunteers
- Assist with auction item cultivation and coordination
- Coordinate with caterer(s), rental company, DJ
- Oversee income and timely acknowledgements to guests, donors, in-kind donors, ad buyers
Processing Income: Responsible for tracking all contributed income (board, corporate, foundation, government, and individual donors); coordinating with Directors and reconciling with Accounting on monthly basis; processing gift acknowledgments within one week of receipt
Donor Database: Pull donor reports for DOD, ED and other staff; Oversee database management including updating and adding profiles; train necessary staff on GiftWorks
Rentals of the Sculpture Park and Visitor Center: Oversee rentals of Sculpture Park and Visitor Center for non-Omi events, including photo shoots and private events; create and update contracts; oversee payment and communication with rental clients; handle clients who want both event and house rentals; Coordinate with Director of Operations and staff to oversee events
Successful candidates will have experience in professional fundraising / nonprofit arts development, event planning, and a passion for the arts. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are required. Knowledge of donor database systems, including Gift Works, is a plus.
Are you passionate about the arts and have a desire to work with children in a creative environment? We welcome energetic, self-motivated teens to apply for volunteer positions with Art Omi: Education. Volunteering with our team is a great way to learn about arts education while serving your local community and having fun!
We currently offer the following volunteer opportunities:
Saturday Kids' Workshops
- Students must commit to a minimum of 4 consecutive Saturdays.
- September 2018 - June 2019
- Ages 13+
Winter Art Camp or Spring Art Camp and Special Events
- Winter Art Camp: Tuesday, February 19 - Friday, February 22, 2019
- Spring Art Camp: Tuesday, April 23 - Friday, April 26, 2019
- Halloween: Saturday, October 26, 2019
- Ages 14+
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis. To become a volunteer for these programs, please email Sasha Sicurella at email@example.com to arrange an interview.
A select number of positions are available for teens who demonstrate a strong understanding of the arts, ability to work in a dynamic environment, and have a passion for working with children ages 4-13. Volunteers must commit to a full three-week term, listed below.
- Volunteer Session 1: June 24 - July 12, 2019 (no camp July 4)
- Volunteer Session 2: July 15 - August 2, 2019
- Ages 14+ (must turn 15 in 2019)
- Camp Omi alumni preferred
To become a Volunteer for Camp Omi, please email the following information to Sasha Sicurella at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name, birth date, and grade.
- Any previous experience you have had working with children
- A letter of interest describing why you would like to become a volunteer at Camp Omi and what you hope to gain from the experience.
- If you are a Camp Omi alum, list the year(s) you attended and briefly describe a favorite camp memory.
Part-time, Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Rate: $13/hour
We are searching for a responsible part-time café assistant who will be driven to provide excellent customer service. Café Assistant hours are 10am - 4:30pm, Saturday and Sunday. This position will last throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with the ability to multitask and troubleshoot, while handling a large volume of customers during our busy summer season. Food industry experience and an interest in the arts preferred but not required.
The Café is located in the Benenson Center at Art Omi's Sculpture and Architecture Park. It plays an important role in the experience of visitors and staff at Art Omi. With a focus on quality offerings sourced from the Hudson Valley area, we are proud to offer a daily drinks and snacks menu as well as a quality lunch menu on the weekends.
Café assistants are also occasionally asked to assist with Art Omi events, particularly in the summer and fall.
- Open/Close Café
- Greet patrons & answer questions about the park and Café
- Operate cash register
- Prepare orders, including sandwiches, salads, and pies
- Clean café and sitting area throughout and at the end of each day
- Ensure Café products are stocked and presentable
- Close and clean Café at the end of the day
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Art Omi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.